Expanded Visitation Rules are in Effect beginning Monday, March 29, 2021
The Ohio State Health Department released new directives aligning state regulations with the Centers Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) newly expanded visitations for long-term care facilities, including our assisted living and memory support community.
Families and friends now have more options to connect with their loved ones. The state guidance still recommends outdoor visitations whenever possible because there is less chance of spreading the virus. We are now able to offer indoor visits with the following guidelines and exceptions:
- Visits will be allowed regardless of the resident’s vaccination, however there are more opportunities if a resident is fully vaccinated.
- If a resident is vaccinated, residents and families may touch during the visit.
If a resident is unvaccinated, touching is not allowed, and six feet of social distance must be maintained. Additionally, unvaccinated resident visits must take place in a community designated area and be monitored.
- If a resident is vaccinated, families may visit in the resident’s apartment. The family member must be escorted to the resident’s apartment to limit the amount of exposure to others in the communities.
- All visitors must be escorted to and from the visit by a community team member. When you’re ready to leave after your visit please press the call pendant to let us know you are done and can be escorted out of the building.
- Regardless of vaccine status, each visit will minimally be 30 minutes. So that we are able to serve all families, as we begin, the maximum time will be one hour (1). As we get all families through, we may be able to expand that maximum time, we will make that determination based on the demand for visits.
- Children may visit, if they can maintain wearing a mask, maintain social distance and are able to understand and follow virus mitigation protocols.
Heritage Crossing visits will be daily from 9am-5pm. Each resident can have two (2) visitors at one time, each visit will be hosted in our community designated area or in the resident’s apartment depending on their vaccination status. All visitors and residents must continue to wear masks during the visit, all visits must be scheduled, no drop-in visits allowed.
All visitors must first come to the concierge desk to be screened and have their temperature checked. If you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 please cancel your visit for the health and well-being of everyone at Heritage Crossing.
To schedule a visit, please call the concierge at 330-931-4274.
We are just as excited as residents and families are about these new visitation opportunities. We know personal connections are vital to resident’s well-being. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we roll-out these new directives and get everything set up to welcome you!